Saturday, September 03, 2005

Visual Metaphor

Since it's been a long time since I last wrote, what better way to get back into it than with a pic of a Southeastern Writing Spider, fresh from the backyard gate. Argiope florida is simply huge and a bit-more-than-a-little intimidating to find crawling along your arm. The leg span on this one was about 2.5" - making it a bit smaller than the biggest ones around.

They favor the spigots, tomato cages, and garden gate corners - all places that I find myself reaching into. The day one comes out riding (instead of writing) on my hand, I will scream like a little girl and run like a crazy chicken!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/03/2005 1:51 PM  
Blogger VeryApeAZ said...

The only thing worth photographing in my back yard (besides the lovely rock and desert sand) is this alley cat (although I don't have an alley so I'm not sure if it's appropriate to name it that) that drives my two kitties nuts. I'm jealous of you and your garden.

9/23/2005 3:23 AM  
Blogger The Persian said...

damn that thing is scary....*shudder*

10/25/2005 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home