Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Evening Cocktails?


Sweet-toothed Anole Posted by Picasa

Well, if this wasn't the darndest thing I've seen in the yard in a while, I don't know what is. On our exciting 4th of July, I spent the afternoon/evening trying to learn how to use my digital camera after a frustrating day of failed pics at Congaree National Park, formerly Congaree National Swamp.

As I was dallying on the screened porch, I noticed the hummingbird feeder swing and saw this lizzard on it. I figured at first that he fell off the roof (not unheard of), and made a lucky grab while fighting gravity's curse. No such thing as it turns out . . . this guy kept making round trips from the roof to the feeder, and I've seen him back on the 5th and 6th as well. (Unfortunately, the picture is lousy, as I couldn't get the camera to stop focusing on the screening and focus instead on my subject).

In all my years of feeding hummingbirds, this has been the strangest. First it was the Purple Finches that began to conduct a daily progressive dinner from the sunflower feeder to the thistle feeder to the birdbath for a quick dip, and then on to the nectar for dessert, and now I have sweet-toothed lizzards. What is this world coming to, exactly?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have sent my faithful minion the anole to drink all your nectar as payback for not putting me in my RIGHTFUL PLACE in your GARDEN!

Next, you will be beset by a smoldering cloud of bats looking to eat all your blueberries.

And then if I am not in my rightful place, displayed lovingly among your koi and chysanthewhatsits, you will be visited by the Marauding Mormons of Extreme Discomfort.

I await my rightful display!

7/07/2005 2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read caitlin rose bourke rose colored glassesband Moving services in poughkeepsie moble homes for sale

2/03/2007 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home